Director of Sales, Area Lighting Solutions
Our People Bring the Light
The common thread running through every one of our departments is people like you. People from every background imaginable bringing their own light, their own individuality and passion to shine alongside the brilliance of their colleagues.
At Lumenpulse, your light will be recognized. Lumenpulse is not only a leading manufacturer of LED lighting solutions for commercial, institutional, and architectural applications; it is an employer offering growth, stability, acceptance, and highly competitive benefits.
Founded in 2006, Lumenpulse quickly became an industry leader spearheading innovations, proprietary technologies, and world-class designs. But Lumenpulse is equally as famous for its people. Lumenpulse has more than 500 employees worldwide, with Corporate Headquarters in Longueuil, Canada, a US Sales Office in Boston, United States, and offices in Chicago, United States, Vancouver, Canada, and Florence, Italy. We are fortunate to have some of the most renowned experts in their fields under our banner, and we want you to be part of our team.
Spotlight on Your New Role
Lumenpulse requires an experienced Director, Area Lighting Solutions to join its growing team in the Western region to support the growth of the Lumenpulse Area Lighting solution. This is an exciting opportunity for a sales professional who is looking to advance his or her career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization. Reporting to the VP Sales Area Lighting Solutions, the Director, Area Lighting Solutions is responsible for promoting Area Lighting Solutions products and ensuring the achievement of sales goals and profit objectives within the defined geographical territory of the Western USA / Canada. The territory for this position encompasses the following provinces and states: (NOT FINAL but WEST USA)
- Effectively and efficiently handle all aspects of sales management administration (Forecasting, territory reviews, assigning sales quotas, etc.)
- Work closely with the Lumenpulse Regional Sales Managers in order to grow area lighting market segment.
- Actively promote Area Lighting Solutions products to local manufacturer representatives, ensuring that representatives are knowledgeable about the products and are actively pursuing opportunities.
- Work closely with VP Sales Area Lighting Solutions to develop appropriate sales strategies
- Ensure the distribution of information and materials to manufacturer representatives and follow up with representatives in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Evaluate and report sales activities within the territory.
- Observe the market, monitor main competitors and report on competitors' activity within the territory
- Evaluate and report on competition activity within the territory.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and employees at all levels.
- Participate in the development of exhibit booths and promotional items.
- Motivate sales team and achieve a consistent level of intensity and focus, each day.
- Responsible for the successful hiring, on-boarding and coaching of new team members.
- Manage special projects as requested by the VP
Education + Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Qualifications + Skills Required
- Proven successful sales experience in the area lighting industry either working for a manufacturer or rep form
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in outdoor pedestrian scale street lighting
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his or her team
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Analytical and results-oriented
- Possess strong communication and negotiation skills
- Capacity for innovation and creativity
- Embrace change
- Must combine strong interpersonal skills with drive and tenacity
- Minimum 50% travel is required for this position
- Customer service excellence is part of your priorities and values.
Lighting Your Future
Lumenpulse has projects worldwide, from Boston, United States to Christchurch, New Zealand. Our people develop products that have been recognized across the industry, including several Product Innovation Awards (PIA), Next Generation Luminaires Design Awards, Red Dot Product Design Awards, and Lightfair Innovation Awards.
What this means is that we recognize what our people do. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including health, dental, vision, and long-term disability and life insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, and a generous 401(k) employer match. Mentoring and on-the-job training is also important to us, we want you to grow.